call for papers
WaterAid Bangladesh has been working on rainwater harvesting for last few years to promote and policy influence for sustainable solution of water crisis particularly in urban context.
This year, in collaboration with other institutions, WaterAid Bangladesh is going to organise number of events from 9-22 June 2014 throughout the country.
Particularly in collaboration with CSE-India, RAiN Forum and ITN-BUET, a conference will be held on 15 June 2014 to explore different ideas, research findings, technological options and experience on rainwater harvesting.
Broad thematic areas
- best practices in different hydro-geological context focusing reuse and recharge of rainwater
- challenges of rainwater harvesting in urban areas, coastal belts, drought prone and hilly areas
- rainwater harvesting and arsenic calamity
- legal framework, policy, strategy and challenges related to rainwater harvesting
- indigenous knowledge on rainwater harvesting
- rainwater harvesting’s role in integrated water resources management
- potential technological options, costing, limitation and availability
- rainwater and quality measurement issues in different geo-locations
Researchers, Architects, Civil Engineers, Consultants, Urban Planners, Government Officials, Academicians, Community Leaders and Project Implementers and Development Partners.
Notes for abstract
Those who have interest to attend or present papers are requested to submit their abstract online through the website www.rainwaterconvention.org limiting 1000 characters. Also include the information with abstract [ie paper title, names of the author(s), the complete postal and email addresses and corresponding author].
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 10 April 2014 and early submission is highly encouraged with multiple abstract submission option. Authors will be notified by email on acceptance of abstract by 15 April 2014.
Notes for full paper submission
The notified authors with accepted abstracts will need to submit the full paper by 15 May 2014. Papers presented at the conference may be reviewed for possible publication in the book of proceeding on rainwater harvesting. Final paper must follow the format/instruction mentioned in the conference website.