call for papers
WaterAid Bangladesh has been working on rainwater harvesting for last few years to promote and policy influence for sustainable solution of water crisis particularly in urban context.
This year, in collaboration with other institutions, WaterAid Bangladesh is going to organise number of events from 9-22 June 2014 throughout the country.
Particularly in collaboration with CSE-India, RAiN Forum and ITN-BUET, a conference will be held on 15 June 2014 to explore different ideas, research findings, technological options and experience on rainwater harvesting.
Broad thematic areas
- best practices in different hydro-geological context focusing reuse and recharge of rainwater
- challenges of rainwater harvesting in urban areas, coastal belts, drought prone and hilly areas
- rainwater harvesting and arsenic calamity
- legal framework, policy, strategy and challenges related to rainwater harvesting
- indigenous knowledge on rainwater harvesting
- rainwater harvesting’s role in integrated water resources management
- potential technological options, costing, limitation and availability
- rainwater and quality measurement issues in different geo-locations